You may observe numerous areas of prevention you may not have seen before, such as:
- Facemasks: All of our clinical personnel wear facemasks during patient care. These physical barriers assist in reducing the spread of organisms from person to person.
- Gloves: New disposable gloves are worn for every patient. These gloves ensure that contamination is not spread from patient to patient.
- Disinfection of Counters and Other Surfaces: You may notice a mild chemical odor associated when wiping surfaces. These chemicals are necessary to disinfect surfaces that have been touched during patient treatment.
- Items Attached to Dental Operating Units: Handpieces, air blowers, suction equipment, etc., are sterilized with a combination of heat and chemicals.
- Barriers: Plastic or rubber is placed on chairs, switches, etc., for each new patient.
- Instruments: All metal instruments placed in your mouth have been sterilized by a combination of heat or chemicals.
Your health is our priority. Every possible precaution is being taken in our office to avoid any cross-contamination from patient to patient.